FIVE WAYS I prepare prior to beginning the task of writing a manuscript:
1. Determine who my reading audience is going to be.
2. Brainstorm ideas that are relevant to the topic or message I would like to convey to my readers.
3. Set an amount of time I would like to dedicate to the task of writing each chapter.
4. Locate a tranquil place free from distractions; turning off the phone and connections to others.
5. Develop a clear understanding of how I would like the message to be communicated to readers.